Sunday, April 8, 2012

Waking Beauty

My favorite Disney movie of all time would have to be Sleeping Beauty, and that's why I loved this book so much. Waking Beauty was written with the basic story line of the movie Sleeping Beauty, with a little twist. The humor of this fantasy story really got me to enjoy it so much. Even though I had a basic idea of what the story would be about and the ending, it was much different than I thought. I loved the twist of the story and how it became it's own story line.

An activity I would do with my classroom is to assign a project for the children to find one of their favorite movies and a book that is similar or has the same story-line as their movie and to compare and contrast the similarities and differences of the story and movie. Then present to the class.

It's a very appropriate book for the classroom and even though it has more of a girly style to it, it can also amuse young boys too. It's fun to have as a fantasy book in the classroom to get children to use their imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment